Saturday, June 28, 2008

Critical Mass


We LOVE bicycles!! Every last Friday of the month all kinds of cyclists meet at Balboa Park and ride all over.  The count I heard during the ride was 1070 riders!  Super crazy experience.  Owen has gone a few months in a row and has always wanted me to go so I finally told myself that you can do a big bike ride.  I am so glad I went.  I loved it.  We start at the park and just take over the road.  I love the the cyclist has the power and not the car.  So many intersections are blocked and cyclists will block the car from moving until the whole group has passed.  Some people are cool and others try to wiggle through.  Lots of hooking horns and filkering bicycle lights. This guy riding to my right was ran into and almost took my down with him.  Praying to be safe works! Such a great way to see the city.  I want to ride my bike more. And that makes Owen happy.  I am planning on pimping my bike out a bit!  I will post another photo.   
This is my sweet bike.  She is my pal and loves to go fast down hills!  Who knew 10 speeds made a come back.  We have an obsession with bikes of all kinds.  I love riding my street bike.


4 comments:

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

I want a 10-speed beach cruiser so bad! In pink -- with a basket!

Bill and Alice Johnson said...

Ha- I thought the picture of you with your bike that is labelled "Critical Mass" was about your losing weight!!! Looking good, anyway!

Rachel J. said...

Good for you! You should get some streamers for the handle bars a basket and a horn!
My tricked-out ideas.
You look so cute in your picts, Melinda! I don't know if I ever realized you had dimples. The long hair is a nice touch too.
Tell your man Hi for me and happy 4th.

*J*E*N* said...

Hey Melinda! I get back next week-I will call you about the photoshoots, hope you are having a fun summer so far!