Thursday, April 23, 2009


Noun   Catcall:  a shrill shout or whistle expressing derision or disapproval, as of a speaker, actor, etc.

I am not fond of the catcall but twice today I was somewhat catcalled.

The first MAN shouted at me from across 5th Ave downtown, "Man your gorgeous! Keep smiling and think positive!"  So I smile back, I have to say it was nice to hear.  I think he was a little off his rocker so I just laugh and keep on my way.  

Then the second MAN wasn't so much a catcall but I thought it funny that the same thing happened to me in the same day.  So he is holding a sign, Please help, God Bless.  So I roll my window down and offer him a ziplock with peanuts in it.  He said, Thank You, Man your pretty! 
I replied, "Thank you."

So as I drove home I thought what was it about today?  Was I just around a few guys that liked a kind face or did they want to catcall me?  Or just trying to be nice?

The funniest thing is that I didn't really feel like myself today but it didn't seem to matter.
At least I now know I still got it.  Hee Hee 

2 comments:

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

Those are like really nice things to say! Awkward! Where I work, I get told "nice butt" or something. Those I don't like!

Kendall Rattner said...

you are gorgeous! but i know what you mean, sometimes there will be times where different strangers will give you a similar compliment in a day. it's hard to figure out what exactly causes that, but i guess all you can do is appreciate it. but the picture with your long hair looks great!