Sunday, May 25, 2008

The joys of living in a house

So I didn't really tell you what we are doing.   we had intended to buy a home of our own but thing just didn't fall into place.  So we knew we needed to get out for managing the apartments, which I still have not been replaced.  So I just told Owen lets not settle on a condo.  We know we wanted to live in a house and have a yard and garden and not have to pay HOA fees... So we decided to rent a little house and get into a routine.  A routine of paying rent and budgeting.  We seem to be doing a good job.  Don't really miss the rent money because I think it is worth every cent I pay for my peace and quite.  I am a happier person.  

Work is going well and I will begin to make more money.  Another reason to wait to buy. I wanted to be more financially stable.  Plus the market is a bit scary.  

Here is my list of joys:

  • No one knocking on my door needing me to fix something, complaining, or telling me they just don't have rent.
  • No phone calls in the middle of the night.
  • No floods to deal with.
  • No laundry room to clean up after 30 people exploded!
  • No more strangers in my house.
  • No more bank runs.
  • No more cigarette butts!
  • No more baby sitting grown adults.
What does that mean?  Freedom!

4 comments:

Rachel J. said...

Thanks for the down Low. Rock on!!

Rachel J. said...

Uhhmmm...i'm tired. I mean "low down", c'mon, I'm not that outta gr00ve.

Naomi said...

Go Melinda! Way to do something for yourself!

Bill and Alice Johnson said...

happy is VERY important! Don't ever let that slip to the bottom of your list!