Sunday, March 23, 2008

Small Miracle

This is my brother JUSTIN.

He is 2 years younger then me.  He went on a mission but after he got home he strayed from the church.  I had always hoped that he would come back and often wondered if he still had a testomony.  This week he called me up, which never happens, just to say hi!  That alone made my day.  But as we talked he told me that we went to church and how he wants to come back to church.  I chocked back tears because I didn't want him to know that I was crying.  But I was so excited.  I told him he should move to San Diego.  He said he is thinking about it.  I asked him to come visit when he could.  He said he was off Thursday and Friday.  I told him I had already talked to Eric, my other brother, an made plans for dinner on Thursday and he could join us if he wanted.  







This was a small miracle! Jay is coming back to church and that we all meet up just because! Mom would be proud!
I love you Justin!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

It's hard when your siblings aren't doing what you know they should be, I have a hard time keeping my mouth shut! I am so happy your brother called you!

Bill and Alice Johnson said...

Great! Train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not depart from it... or at least old enough to recognize the value of the Gospel, huh?

Rachel J. said...

Hey Melinda,
(It's your old pally, Rachel Jueschke) I know how it feels to have family forget about what they know and worry if they will make it back safely. There are few things sweeter in life than what you reported in this post. I would concur; that returning to the truth after a detour in this confused and chaotic planet, is truly a miracle!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.