Friday, November 9, 2007

I Have a License






Nov. 8th forever recorded in time. I went and conquered! Kelly and I left around 11 am on Wed. got to Glendale around 1pm. Went to the kit company and checked my kit. I got more towels and paper towel. Really they are called SMAs. Then we went to the hotel. The Golden Key. It was cute. Construction all around us but by 4 or so it was quiet. We then went to the Glendale Galleria. This huge mall. I bought a pair of pumps. In typical Melinda fashion. i got them on sale and they are rad. So then we went and ate Mongolian BBQ. So good. You pile your bowl has high as you can get the food to balance and that is your portion. Some people had so much food. It could have feed 4 people.


Then we went back to the hotel and I gave Kelly a mani and a pedi. She asked me questions out of my state board review book. I read another study guild from cover to cover. We tried to watch Legally Blond but the vcr didn't work in our room. Oh well. So we got ready for bed and turned out the lights. Of course I toasted and turned for a bit and finally drifted into sleep.


5:00 AM Bep bep bep... I'm up.


Now the butterflies have found their home inside me. So we get ready go eat and then headed to the kit company to get my kit. Oh and my very cute white lap coat. I wish I had a picture. Then we went into 710 South Central Blvd. up to the 4th floor and was herded in to a hall way with everyone and there models. We then filed into a room and they assigned you a station. I got really lucky. I was in a room with 8 girls and the examiner was really nice. Well I felt she was nice. So that put me at ease.


7:45 You may begin...


Prep Disinfection

Thermal press n curl

Haircut with scissors

Soft perm

Pedicure

Silk rap


Break for 20 min.


P.D. test

Tint going lighter

Finger wave SB Set

Makeup


You get 4 hours and 15 min to do all of that. A lot of people don't finish. My goal was to finish everything and I did. I had the perfect rhythm and finish everything with only 5 minutes to spear. But I didn't make any mistakes. Then they make you clean and pack up your kit. Dismiss the models and then it was lunch time/ return the kit. So I think I ate my Subway BMT in 3.5 min. flat. I was so hungry after the morning test. I felt a head ache coming on. I thought I need to eat and I did. But I thought it would go away. No it hit me hard when I was on question 40 out of 100. It was one of those head aches you get that blurs your vision. It sucked. So I said a prayer, sucked it up finished and reviewed my test. I knew 90 of the questions I got right and only guessed on 10. So I knew I had passed.


Then the waiting game. They announced the results at 3 pm. So I had to wait 45 min. between finishing the test and finding out I passed. I knew there was no way that I had failed. But you thinking that and have a license is two different things.


There are 2 stacks of papers. The first stack has a pink paper on the back. Those people didn't pass. The other stack is the stack of incenses they give to those who pass. I was the 3 or 4 person to get called up to receive my license. You must leave the building right away and you have to be quiet because they are testing other people at that time. So you are just waiting to get downstairs so you can scream and shout!


What a day! Kelly was so much fun and the perfect model. Thanks Kelly. I couldn't have done it with out you. Let's celebrate!!!!

6 comments:

Katie said...

Congratulations Melinda! You're hard work has paid off! Yay!

Bill and Alice Johnson said...

Yahoo!!!! You have completed a very unique experience and you did so WELL Congratulations! XOMOM

Janet said...

Halleluia!!! Congrats & Love,
Mom & Dad Walker

Trena said...

Yay Melinda!! You have worked so hard and deserve it! We are all so proud of you.

Jessica Stier said...

Hoorraaay!!!! Congratulations! I'm glad you did so well and are having so much fun!

Unknown said...

Congrats Melinda - that is so awesome!!