Monday, November 26, 2007

Christmas



I am right there with you Jen, I love to decorate. My house is no where near as fabulous as yours but I am beginning to buy things I like. Owen and I decided to get a mini tree this year. It is silver and I can't wait to put it up. Owen says wait until December. So I will. He isn't much for decorations. I do it for me. So our church had an enrichment activity where the women in the ward donated items to have a service auction. I donated a hair cut. Others made bread and cookies. Some made blankets and pillow cases. The list goes on and on. So I bid on a coupon that said "Holiday Floral arrangement" for Thanksgiving or Christmas. I won. I got the chose between the holidays. I picked Christmas. Susan the women that was going to make it. Asked me if I would like a wreath. I said yes. She then asked me what colors. I sad Blue, Pink, and Silver. What I got is amazing!


I was wanting a nice nativity scene. I looked on ebay today and found a lot of ugly sets. I went to the thrift store and this is the set I found. I am quite pleased:) I have a way with thrift stores. I find some pretty cool stuff!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Amen to that Melinda - you do find good things at the thrift stores!

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

I saw that wreath at your house -- it's awesome! I didn't know that was a service auction thing!

I need to get a "normal" nativity -- all of mine are from Brazil, Mexico and China and the characters look like it.

Bill and Alice Johnson said...

That is quite the Nativity set- lots of figurines!! Do you remember when I had lots of sets out for Christmas?? XO MOM

*Melinda* said...

I love your white set. Can I have dibs on that:) When your ready to part with it. I think you can never have to many nativity sets out! We need the reminder:)