Monday, November 26, 2007

New Project



So I found the perfect sewing machine! I love it. I am enjoying this fancy new machine because my Mom thought it would be nice to help me get a new machine. She is the best! So here she is with all her bells and whisels. I can sew with or without a foot pedal. It has a start stop button. So cool. You can select the speed you want as well. I am in love. And smooth during sewing.


I have started a new project. Thanks to Mom again I am trying a new quilt pattern. Twisted sister. It was tricky with the first block but I seemed to catch on pretty fast. I have 10 or so blocks donw and I only have worked on it a few hours on 2 different days. My last quilt was polka dots and this one is Rockabilly! Fun. I want to do a western one and I have the fabric to do the pattern Happy hour. So I am booked up with quilt projects:) It is really a lot of fun. If you want to learn you should take a class. I have only taken 1 class. I will show pictures of my progress.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it! Where did you find that pattern at? I am working on cutting out a pinwheel pattern right now.

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

http://jujulovespolkadots.typepad.com/photos/poppy_tutorial/poppy_1.html

This reminded me of you, since your'e the hair bow queen. I've decided it's your next project -- but with funkier fabric than she used.

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

...poppy_tutorial/poppy_1.html

That's the rest of the link! Sorry!

Bill and Alice Johnson said...

All right! You've now entered the world of the Twisted Sisters... love your new machine... with all its bells and "whistles"! I think I picked that up at the new quilt store on Country Club in Palm Desert... XO Mom