Tuesday, February 12, 2008

The Getty Museum





These are a few of my favorites!


Saturday we went to LA to see a great friends of Owen's. Taner and Jojo are friends Owen grew up with. They are worked together on the Dancer in Alaska. We got to LA about 1pm. We soon decided to go the the Getty. It was such a clear day and the weather was really warm. I have been there befor and like to go back because the museum is huge! We went to see the european paintings and photography of east LA in the 80's. I loved it. You only have to pay $8 for parking and all the museums are free. So if you ever get the chance to go, GO! The gardens are unreal. I wish I had a yrd that amazing. The paintings are really amazing when you are looking at the original! Just seeing all the detail.

I heard about an art heist in Europe just this week. It breaks my heart because it is such a miracle that these pieces of art are still around. They are preserved and well taken care when in a museum. Why are people stealing art? I know is is millions of dollars we are talking about but what a greedy thing to do!!!

4 comments:

kristina said...

Thats my kind of afternoon! I love Art museums and seeing amazing paintings!! sounds like you had a great day!

Bill and Alice Johnson said...

Yes, I love museums, too. And I love art- I saw a clip on TV of the Museum of Portraits in London that I visited in 2004- a whole museum of nothing but portrait paintings! Wow. The Getty is an awesome place- you will have to show me all your photos when I am in SD..

Jessica Stier said...

I am feeling sad. I lived in SD for 10 stinking years and never once went to the Getty!!! I need to make it priority on one of our trips down there.

Janet said...

Yahooooo! What a fun afternoon! How's JoJo and Tanner? I'm sure Gar had a great time too!