Saturday, February 2, 2008

Memory Lane

It is hard for me to imagine my life without my best friend. Life is good all the time with Owen. I won BIG when I fell in the with Owen. They say marriage is hard work, yes it takes work but I wouldn't call it hard! When you wake up everyday to your best friend how can it be a bad day.



Today we were quizzing each other on dates. When did this happen and when did we do this or that.

Owen: What day did I tell you I love you for the first time?
Melinda: The day you crashed your car, Feb. something.
Owen: No, January 6th.
Melinda: You can remember the very day?! Wow. It only took you 3 weeks to fall in love with me.
Owen: No, it only took me 10 minutes to fall in love with you and 3 weeks to tell you that I loved you!
Melinda: almost in tears

2 comments:

Bill and Alice Johnson said...

Yes, you are very lucky! It is wonderful to have that one best friend in your life! And yes, having a successful marriage does take work, but like you said it shouldn't be HARD if you really love and care for your hubby...

Rachel J. said...

You know you 2 are sooper-cute, right?!

I miss you kidz!