Friday, October 26, 2007

Sewing


I have been working on a guilt for the last 2 weeks and it is finally coming to a finish. I a so excited to have it done. It is all polk a dot. As soon as it is done I will post pictures. It is hot pinks and aqua blues. I love circles and have found quilt patterns that allow me to express my love of circles. Sewing is so much fun. It's art that is functional. I have made many things on my old Singer sewing machine. My mom gave me my early early christmas present for 2008. Money for me to get a new sewing machine. I just want a machine that will last nothing with a 1oo bells a wissles. If you quilt and have any patterns you wouldn't mind sharing let me know. It is so much fun. I have been on a big sewing kick. I have sewn 3 pillow shames, a table runner, my quilt, and some pillow cases. once you start you see things in the store and start to say,"I can make that!" It would be cuter and better quality and probably cheaper to make then to buy.

2 comments:

Jessica Stier said...

Awesome! I'm way excited for you to post pictures of your new quilt. It sounds super cut. Let me know what sewing machine you get. I'm perpetually on the lookout for a new machine. Maybe one of these day's I'll actually take the plunge!

Bill and Alice Johnson said...

Oh, the cat is out of the bag now! That is okay- I am glad that you are excited about the new machine!