Thursday, October 18, 2007

Viva Mexico





I have to say the a week vacation does a body good! I had sooo much fun getting away. Even though Owen stayed home to hold the fort down. I needed it bad. I finishe school and was ready to drop. My mom invited me to come down to the boat. So I did. I slept in, watched at least 2 movies a day and sewed on a bunch of projects that I had hanging over me. I got all of my sewing done. So know I can start more. I need to start to scrapbook a little more. I am getting behind. So in Mexico I realized a few things. For one it humbled me. The Mexican people live with much less then we do. They are paid so little but everything costs about the same as it does in the US with the exception of food. Life is simple there. I should be greatful for all I have and not focus on what I don't. For example a house. My apartment is BIG compaired to the homes I saw. I have no worry about where my water and gas come from, its just there.


Another lesson is to be prepared. My mom is so organized and she plans and keeps lists. I should use what I have (food) before I run to the store. My mom writes on all her dry food when she bought it so she knows how old it is.


Owen asked my mom to take pictures of me in my swimsuit on the black sand beach. They came out so nice. I framed one for Owen and he was super happy. He missed me a lot. More then I thought he would. He said life isn't the same when I'm not here. That says it all. So now it is time to get back to work and study and I will be going to school the next 2 weeks to drill for State Board.
- Pics: My mom & Bill's boat
Desert landscape
Pangas-fishing boats

4 comments:

kristina said...

sounds so fun! I love the pictures, but where are you in your swimsuit??

Katie said...

Those are great pics! I am glad you got to relax!

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

That seriously sounds like such an amazing trip! It was fun to see you today - loved your performance in nursery! You're so good with the kids!

Jessica Stier said...

That sounds so nice. I'm so glad you go to enjoy it! Now it's back to the books in preparation for that test you're gonna ACE!!! Go get'em Girlie!