Monday, October 1, 2007

Wanda Jackson






On Saturday I went to the Adam's Ave. St. Fair. We went to go see Wanda Jackson. So was so amazing! She is the first woman of rockabilly! She is in her 80's and still rock'n out. I hope I am still rock'n as hard as she does when I'm her age. I think it is so cool she came to San Diego and gave a free concert. I felt really lucky to see her perform. She started touring with Elvis and even dated him for a year. She had so many great stories. I feel like I traveled back into the 50's. She wore a white tassel shirt that only she could get away with wearing. But then again what does the queen of rockabilly suppose to wear when she is in her 80's? I bought her new cd. She made a cd titled Rememering Elvis. It is a good listen. As Wanda would say,"Rock On!"

4 comments:

Jessica Stier said...

How Fun, Fun, FUN!!!

I'm totally going to buy her new album. I love Wanda Jackson.

Alice Johnson said...

hMM= I am not into Rockabilly so don't remember her, but I am into FAMILY and FUN... and it is always fun to be with you two! XXXOOO

Janet said...

OOHHH!!!! Wish we could have come too!!! We would have Loved it! And yes, we've GOT to get her new CD. oooxxx's

kristina said...

You guys are so adorable!! isn't this blogging thing great?!